DAY 1 – Arrival and transfer to Kibale
On arrival, you will be met and received by your driver guide from Breeze Travel Safaris who will then brief you as he transfers you to Kampala for breakfast. After your breakfast, transfer to Kibale forest national park arriving to have your lunch at your lodge. After lunch, relax for the rest of the day into the evening. Dinner and overnight at Primate lodge.
DAY 2 – Chimpanzee Tracking
After an early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to the Chimpanzee tracking information office for a pre-briefing by the ranger guide who will then lead you into the rain forest where you will spend most of the morning in search of chimpanzees. These primates are very mobile and viewing them is unpredictable but a forest walk is an enriching activity that starts at 8.00 am taking about 3 hours. This forest is home to a large number of chimpanzees and other primates including Lhoestes, Red-colobus, Blues, Redtailed, grey cheeked mangabeys, birds, and butterflies. The guide will provide detailed explanations on not only primates, but also on all the forest’s fauna and flora. Return to have your lunch and later transfer for a Swamp walk in Bigodi for more primate and bird watching with an opportunity to meet and interact with the local. Return for a relaxed evening, dinner and overnight at Primate Lodge.
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)