DAY 1 – Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
Drive early morning towards the west from Kampala and have a stop over at the equator for photographs, Proceed to Queen Elizabeth National Park following the mystical Rwenzori Mountain range for much of the journey. A game drive Enroute may be rewarded with views of Lions, Elephants, Leopards, Buffaloes, Hyenas and a variety of Antelope species. Enjoy the unique evening 2-hour boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel and into Lake Edward. This trip passes through possibly the highest concentration of Hippos and many animals may be seen drinking at the water’s edge. This launch cruise offers an excellent platform for photography, bird watching and game viewing. The prolific bird life is colorful and stupendous with well over 550 resident species.Dinner and over night at Mweya Safari Lodge / Budget Institute of ecology. (BLD)
DAY 2 – Enjoy Kazinga channel boat cruise.
After a cup of coffee , Embark on an early morning game drive along Kasenyi track and Queens mile in the park and expect to see Lions, Elephants, cape buffalo, Warthogs, leopard, hyena, mangoose, waterbucks, Uganda kobs, Topi and lots many small animals and birds. After the game drive, proceed to Bwindi via Maramagambo and Ishasha sector. As you drive along the road via Ishasha sector, animals such as the waterbucks, elephant, antelopes, buffalo, kobs, can be seen along the road. Relax around the Forest camp. Dinner and over night at the luxurious Gorilla Forest Camp set deep in the rain forest.
DAY 3 – Do mountain gorilla trekking.
There is an early morning entry into a gorilla sanctuary. The rainforest is spectacular as it offers a dramatic, heavily forested and dense landscape crisscrossed by numerous animal trails, allowing access for tourists. Recorded mammals here include the endangered mountain gorilla, the rare golden monkey, buffalo, elephants, black-fronted duikers, bushbucks, leopards, giant forest hogs as well as other animals. This park is best known for the fascinating gorillas, where the time taken and terrain varies according to the movements of these marvelous primates. The thrill of spending time with and observing these gentle giant gorillas is a rare, moving, awesome and exciting adventure that will leave you with long lasting memories of a truly unique experience. The gorillas are shy and peaceful animals and it is an unforgettable experience to watch and photograph them as they play and interact. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma homestead / buhoma community camp.
DAY 4 – Transfer back to Kampala
After breakfast, drive back to Kampala. Head to Kampala having lunch enroute, the drive back to Kampala stops at the Mpigi Royal Drum Makers. Here you will be able to watch the ceremonial drums being crafted using methods passed down through generations. There will also be time to stop at the equator for photographs and you will arrive in Kampala by early evening.
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)