DAY 1 – Transfer from Kampala to Murchison Falls National Park Stop at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary en route to track white Rhinos
You will be picked from your place of stay in Kampala after breakfast to embark on the drive to Murchison Falls National Park 311km about 5 hours’ drive. You drive through impressive flat landscapes of central Uganda including the district of Nakasongora before branching off at Nakitooma for 7km to connect to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. Upon arriving in Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, you embark on a thrilling White Rhino tracking to encounter the count of fifteen southern white Rhinos that comprise of the adults and young ones. Rhinos are part of the big five of land animals and exploring them on foot is a rewarding encounter that you can explore on this Uganda safari encounter. Continue on the drive to Murchison, arriving in the evening for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Accommodation on day 1 of the 3 days Murchison Falls National Park Uganda Safari
Upmarket / Luxury: Paraa Safari lodge
Midrange / Standard: Pakuba Safari Lodge
Budget / Basic: Heritage Safari Lodge
DAY 2 – Game drive in Murchison Falls National Park, Boat cruise to the bottom of the Mighty Murchison Falls on the great River Nile.
You will wake up early in the morning, have breakfast, you will then go for a game drive in the Northern Bank. The Murchison Falls National Park wildlife includes giraffes, elephants, Uganda Kobs, buffaloes, water bucks, vervet monkeys, Olive Baboons, Patas monkey, Jackson’s Hartebeest and lions. After this 3 – 4 hour game drive, connect to the lodge for relaxation and lunch. In the afternoon you connect to Paraa Jetty to embark on the afternoon Nile launch cruise departing at 2 PM. It avails a great opportunity for you to view hippos, crocodiles, plus birds at the river banks such as the bee-eater, kingfisher, the rare shoe bill stork plus the cormorants. Retreat from the 2 hour activity and connect to the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
DAY 3 – Visit the top of the Mighty Murchison Falls and transfer back to Kampala or do Chimpanzee Tracking in Budongo Forest an optional activity charged US$60 per person.
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)